- The rules and regulations apply to the “International Student Talent Trophy” Cheerleading Competition and must be read and approved by all participants.
- Each team must be composed of at least 8 competitors
- Any complaints and/or criticisms concerning the organisation of the Cheerleading competition and concerning the other teams/countries must be resolved before the end of the competition.
- Timer starts with the first note of music, the first voice command or the first movement and ends with the last note of music or when the athletes are in a stopped position. The duration of a routine must be between 2 minutes 30 and 3 minutes.
- Each team is in charge of bringing a CD with the name of the university registered on it, as well as a copy of the music on a USB key.
- The performance must include specific techniques of Cheerleading and the Pompom dance.
- The routine must include arm strokes, jumps, stunts, pyramids and should include music.
The routine must contain elements related to creativity and originality.
- Compulsory scand between 40 seconds and 1 minute, before the choreography in addition to the allotted time. The scand is a song of encouragement to motivate and thrill the audience. It is possible to use accessories to decorate the scand such as flags, megaphones and pompoms.
- Warning : pyramids and waterfalls of more than 2.5 people in height are prohibited!
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Follow the rules
- Respect other teams, spectators, judges
- Choreography, music and clothing must be properly chosen and must respect the audience present. Violent, vulgar and racist aspects/behaviour/languages or actions are not accepted.
- Follow the instructions and decisions of the members of the competition organization.
- Persons not following these rules may be excluded from the competition
- Coaches play a role model and must lead set an example by remaining positive
- Decisions and achievements of technical movements, good technique and body position
- The pompom technique
- The realization of original dance techniques
- Rhythm, group spirit, interpretation of music